I have often wondered why some talented individuals with incredible natural abilities often struggle to make something out of life whereas persons of seemingly lesser powers are having results. Could it be that these individuals feel overly smug in the excellency of their talents? Or is it luck, or lack thereof- that explains the divergence between talent and eventual success? Rather than the latter- because a man makes his own luck, it is the former. Or, the indolence and dissuasion from hard work it sometimes breeds.
I wrote a post recently about hard work being requisite for success and I thought it timely to pen some of my favourite quotes about the subject. I hope these quotes become the fuel that ignites your passion to work harder- and smarter towards the achievement of your goals. Enjoy!
- Dreams don’t work unless you do
- If you can’t outplay them, outwork them
- If people knew how hard I had to work to achieve my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all
- A dream does not become reality through magic, it takes sweat, determination and hard work
- There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success
- Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them
- The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra
- Many who are self-taught far excel the doctors , masters and bachelors of the most renowned universities
Ludwig Von Mises
- The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success and hard work can help you achieve anything.
Vince Lombardi Jnr
- Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard
- Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you
- All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point
- Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory
- The world belongs to the energetic
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Striving for success without hard work is like trying to sow where you haven’t planted
- Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they are making to win. Losers on the other hand see it as a punishment. And, that’s the difference.
- Talent is cheaper that table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful individual is a lot of hard work
- All growth depends upon activity. There is no development, intellectual or physically or intellectually without effort and effort means work
- I am a greater believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it
- Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat
- Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy
Like what you read? I’d really appreciate your shares. Furthermore, you can like us on a Facebook, or follow us on twitter to get latest post notifications. Thank you.
Go to homepage